You are cordially invited to participate in the 3rd International Conference on Innovation in Art Research and Technology to be held in Parma, on March 26-29, 2018.
Chemists, physicists, geologists, art historians, restorers, archaeologists, etc. are welcome to create a wide community and a common environment for a fruitful discussion. Previously InArt conferences took place in Evora – Portugal in 2013 and in Ghent – Belgium in 2016.
The Conference scope is to create a bridge of communication between interdisciplinary units in the field of archaeometry. It took several years for the scientific and art historical knowledge to be brought together and establish a new era on approaching preservation of cultural heritage. Nowadays, the contribution of natural sciences to characterize and document artistic materials is well known. Generally, these applied sciences, especially physics and chemistry, contribute to a deeper understanding of cultural heritage artefacts and shed light on different aspects related to the origin of the work of art or its chronology.
The topics to be addressed within the conference sessions are (amongst others):
- New technological developments
- In vitro experimental set-ups and degradation mechanisms
- In situ experiments and mobile instrumentation
- The need on non-invasive and non-destructive analysis
- Imaging techniques
- Environmental issues on the preservation of art and archaeological objects
- Special Focus on Contemporary Art!